A Letter to Myself | Teen Ink

A Letter to Myself

By Crimgym GOLD, Townley, Alabama
Crimgym GOLD, Townley, Alabama

"Magic is real. You just have to know where to find it." -unknown

How many times do you look back in your life and wish you could change something? How many times do you say to yourself “If only I would’ve known that then”? What if I told you that you had one chance to write a letter to your past self, what would you say? Would you warn yourself about mistakes you would make, chances that you need to take, or stand up to someone that you could never stand up to. Would you tell yourself to not do this, or to dodge this occasion? As you think about it though, would you really want to do that? Would you really want to warn yourself about the mistakes you made that transformed you into a stronger person? Would you really want to take the chances you didn’t take that let you run into the people you know today? Would you really want to stand up to that person who put you through multiple trials, which helped you become a stronger person? Would you rip the note up, and say “Those experiences made me who I am today.”? That’s the key question isn’t it? Life is a mystery that can’t be solved. I guess that’s the good thing about it though, because some mysteries aren’t meant to be solved. Some trials are meant for you to go through, to allow you to reach your full potential. So here are my answers: If I had a chance to write a note to myself, I would say to hang in there. I would give myself advice, but I wouldn’t change the things I’ve done, because those experiences made me into the person I am today. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right?