All the Words We Never Say | Teen Ink

All the Words We Never Say

February 20, 2017
By DragonflyMaster PLATINUM, Kernersville, North Carolina
DragonflyMaster PLATINUM, Kernersville, North Carolina
46 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped. ~ African Proverb


They say a mother’s love is unconditional. No matter what you do or say, there she remains. She might be in the form of a grandmother, an aunt, or a sibling. Even with your mistakes, she’s right there.


One day she won’t be. One day she will be dust in an expensive box. One day she won’t exist.


You may never say “I love you” or “I’m here” enough. Deep down in the expanse of your soul you fear. You fear for the times you never said “I love you” or “I’m here,” You fear for her. You fear the fate we all share: Death.
You say actions speak louder than words. Actions are easier. Words are tricky; you might say too much or say too little. Words are dangerous; especially if you don’t know how to use them. Words are words. Words are actions that we skirt around.


We never say enough. We never do enough. In the end, our mother’s unconditional love is forgotten. In the lust for the “lush life” or “fame and glory”; but when we die we are not remembered by all of our famous deeds but by words.


Words remember and are remembered. Words are memories encased. Words are what remain when all we build is destroyed. Like fools, we run around and attempt to incarcerate ourselves in stone. Nothing gold can stay, even the strong will fall, and we are forgotten. We move onto another existence.


Stones will break and we will fall. That is all our existence is. Forgotten stone and foolish acts.


Remember to take heed what I say: Say “I love you”, say “I’m here”. Write down your cares. For when we fall you can be remembered. Be remembered as the person who says “I love you” too often and says “I’m here” even without your love’s suffering. One “I love you” will never be enough. A mother’s love is unconditional and show that your appreciation and love is too.


Be there and live. Live for those you love; not yourself or because you have to. Live for them.


Be there.


The author's comments:

You don't need to lose someone you care about to realize this. All you have to do is observe.