The Trans in Our Genders | Teen Ink

The Trans in Our Genders

August 2, 2015
By Belle412 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Belle412 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”
-Washington Irving


Teen suicide is a rapidly growing death amoung us. We do not realize how common it is, and we do not realize that sometimes we are the cause in these deaths. Transgender is just a word, it is only a title that we give our members of society who dont fit in. Words hurt more than bullets and sometimes they are all the same. 

Transgender is a word we now should all know. Especially since people are becoming aware and people like Caytlin Jenner and Miley Cyrus are making a stand and showing the world it is okay to be different. 

Although many have learned to accept it others have not, and like gay marrige it is something people will have to get used to, because it is not going away. It is not something you can stop. It is growing. People are standing up, people are changing, and the world is changing. 

The truth is most people do not understand the diffucullt changes people want to make and half to make. So many harsh words are being used and being thrown. If people want to label transgenders as "weird" or "unwanted" we could just as easily label them as murderers. People are hating themselves, people are hurting themselves, people are abusing themselves because of words that others are saying. 

You cannot begin to understand their diffuclties. You cannot begin to understand their life. So if you know a person who is transgender or is struggling with their gender. Do not kick them down, lift then up.