Congratulations! You Failed! | Teen Ink

Congratulations! You Failed!

July 22, 2015
By MyInspiration_ SILVER, Martinsburg, West Virginia
MyInspiration_ SILVER, Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't diminish your worth.


Typically the words “congratulations” and “you failed” aren’t paired together, so why are they now? You see, failing isn’t necessarily a negative thing. There are several beneficial aspects of failing that are overlooked because the fail-ee concentrates on the negative connotation of the word “fail.” This article will hopefully show you, the reader, the positive side of failing. I apologize ahead of time if I fail.

Failing teaches a lesson that one cannot learn by succeeding. It shows flaws in the plan, a weakness in the technique, and the importance of persevering. Many people are discouraged once they fail, but they should be the exact opposite: encouraged. To fail means you still have tons of room to improve! Why should that discourage you? Failing gives you the opportunity to try again with a clean slate. Learn from your mistakes. Failure provides the perfect chance to do just that. Yes, it is frustrating, but try to keep a positive outlook. Failure should push you to try harder and aim for success. It should encourage you to show failure who the boss is.


As Babe Ruth once said, never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. The possibility of failure shouldn’t scare you, and it definitely shouldn’t have the power to make you quit. Whether you’ve failed a million times or have succeeded flawlessly a million times, put your best foot forward and give it your all.
When you fail, brush the dust off your shoulders, stand back up, and begin again.


The author's comments:

Failing, to me, is the worst thing I could do. I set high expectations for myself. And, more often than not, I don't meet them. Honestly, it's a slap in the face, and it does more than discourage me from trying again. This article is aimed towards me, too. I should remember to follow my own advice, shouldn't I?