The Trouble With Being A Teenager | Teen Ink

The Trouble With Being A Teenager

April 20, 2015
By JessParnell1998 BRONZE, Wellingborough, Other
JessParnell1998 BRONZE, Wellingborough, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Not all Villains are the bad guys"


People think being a teenager is easy. They say they can’t wait to be grown up and be trusted more; going out with your mates and having an extremely good time. It’s what every little girls dream is, until they actually become a teenager. It’s hard. Everyone expects highly of you, not really knowing how much they are asking for. Teenage years are for making mistakes and learning from them. Nobody’s perfect and everybody makes mistakes. Life didn’t come with instructions to follow.

I’m 16, don’t do drugs and don’t drink. But that’s just me. Some teenagers start and get addicted to it. This ruins the rest of their life by making them unhealthy, changing who they actually are and being reliant on it.

Also I’m in Year 11 and just sitting my GCSEs. Year 11 is so much hard work but I had to prepare myself so I can work to the best of my ability and achieve my goals.

Also teenagers go through pain, suffering and most of all, bullying. You try to hold your head up high but in actual fact it hurts like hell inside, and no-one will understand that unless they are going though something like you are going through.

As most of you may have found out, teenagers can be stressful and angry one minute but the next they are hyper and happy. Hormones are confusing, even for us teenagers. When I was little:
-I didn’t get money.
-I didn’t think getting a job would be that hard.
-I thought buying a house was done about 18 or 19 and easy.
-I thought weddings were not so expensive but as I grew up I’ve missed that.
I was living the dream life. Now I’m 16 and trying to start making my dreams into reality.

I will give all you teenagers one tip; Stand up for yourself and don’t always depend on other people otherwise you won’t get far in life. You can’t turn up to a job interview with your best mate with you.

Be free. Be yourself, no matter what it costs. No matter what other people think. You’re unique, you’re a special, beautiful person, inside and out.


The author's comments:

I was inspired by the fact on how many teenagers struggle and want to be able to have a role model and need someone to inspire them. I hope people will realise what this article is about and think about their current decisions as well as boosting their cofidence in the process.