What Lies Ahead | Teen Ink

What Lies Ahead

By Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other
Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other

I slay.

I wanna be a doctor. I've always felt that medicine is what I want to pursue. Yet, I've got inhibitons and fears. I hope teens my age would agree that they have their own fears about life and our future. At times we don't know what lies ahead of us, which makes us want to run away from life and its challenges. I'll be honest with you. I too am scared about my life. Yet I have the passion for science. I want to build a strong career for myself and live a comfortable life. I often get dis-heartened but my near and dear ones are always there to cheer me up. In the long run, I belive, that it is our passion that drives us to success. So I guess we must all identify our true passion. It can be for anything - music, food, writing or science-if you know that you have what it takes you sure can reach that place. I always wake up dreaming what my life would be like, 20 years hence. The only picture that comes to my mind is that of a comfortable life and with enough cash to enjoy my position.

But this beautiful poem 'The Road not Taken' penned by Robert Frost keeps reminding me that if I make a choice in life, I must do it carefully. Often the task of achieving fame and money leads people to the wrong way and we all know that life offers second chances quite rarely. I want to venture out into the world and win everything I want with my own abilities. I want to be a self-made man and I keep hoping eah day. I'd like to finish this short article with a quote:

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."

- Albert Einstein

I wanted to include a piece of work that efected my feelings on curbing inhibitons and followingdreams with passion...