When I See You | Teen Ink

When I See You

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

My fingers found pasty skin. My hands laced through the air and over the wind. When I see you I feel so lost, as if you've lifted me from my earthly body and set me in the Heavens. I see a small, yet strong man.
His eyes intimidating. Yet I refuse to look away. I know he watches me, as I have watched him. I know he wishes to reach out and feel me, just once.
But I fear his strength will shatter me. Make me drop from the sky and fall back to the earth.
I want to brush my fingers against his lips, feel the warmth of his breath against my cheek.
But the air is stiff with the restraint he displays. I reach, in a desperate moment to cling to him. But him body tenses, as if he is unsure what to do.
"Let me in," I whisper against the wind.
He looks up, meeting my soft gaze, and his arms open wide.
My body is flung through the space between us and I've never felt so lonely.
So un-whole.
Strong muscle and warm skin lay under my fingers. I brush my lips over his body and lace myself to him. I feel him shutter as if he fears being broken.
I don't realize I'm crying until his fingers brush away traitor tears that drip down my face.
he breathes into the air and I hear the words in my ear.
"I love you."
The world stops and we drop from the sky back into the tiny classroom.
Staring across the room at each other. He puts a finger to his lips and I can't help but giggle at our little secret.
Our love.