The World Needs a Therapist | Teen Ink

The World Needs a Therapist

By Meriweather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
Meriweather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

-Gandi

The world needs a therapist. No; scratch that. The world needs a makeover, better yet, a plastic surgeon. Maybe I should list the problems. This could take a while... (A note, this list is not in order)

1. War

War accounts for most death in the world. It is the highest form of revenge, hatred, violence, and it keeps fathers and mothers from tucking their kids in bed at night. Mostly because they're overseas fighting a war that isn't theirs to fight.

2. Hunger

Hunger, where do I begin? Most of America is fat while on the other side of the world, children...well. These children are starving, most of them have never been full in their lives. The younger ones have swollen bellies and stick figured limbs. If you have a younger sibling, look at them. Do it right now. Now imagine them as nothing but skin and bones. Then ask yourself, where is the nearest food pantry? (do your guilty conscience a favor; get on freerice.com. Just do it, you'll be glad you did)

3. Global Warming

It's real! For those of you who are sitting on your plastic couch in your cement, air-conditioned, house reading this; global warming is real! The ice caps ARE melting, there IS a hole in the ozone layer, and we ARE running out of fossil fuels! There are smart people in the world who are trying to figure out ways to live without them. You know what fossil fuels are? They're fossils, dead plants and dinosaurs (not really dead dinosaurs; it's a joke). A non-renewable energy source. It's gonna run out eventually. We depend on coal, gas, and oil way too much. We burn coal for energy, electricity. Our cars run on gas, polluting the air around us and opening the ozone even more. Out of all the countryies in the world, the U.S. consumes almost triple the amount of fossil fuels than we produce. America, home of the fat and the greedy.

4. Politics

Greedy, greasy, conniving. A tip: never marry a politician; you'll regret it. They lie. They promise to fix the economy, they promise to lower gas prices, they promise, they promise, they promise. One day an angry mob is gonna knock on the presidents door and ask if they can cash in on all the promises. Yeah sure, we'll ban guns because they're TOTALLY the reason innocent people are being killed. NO! It's the IDIOTS and MENTAL PEOPLE behind the trigger. Sure, we'll lay off FIREFIGHTERS and POLICE OFFICERS; claiming we don't have the money to keep paying them. NO! Why is the mayors SECRETARY maintaining a paycheck of 10,000; a month! We just bombed 10,000 Iraqi soldiers (I'm referring to the first gulf war); killing all of them; and now we can't go and get the dictator responsible. NO! We WON'T go back because the American government is made up of Idiots. And for your information Sadam did cause trouble later on. I mean come on! You saw what he did in Kuwait!

5. Fast Food Restaurants

Imagine a cow. Now imagine a 100 cows. Now imagine those cows are jammed pack into a pen with 100's of other cows. Now feed those cows by-product corn and rancid chicken. Make them live in their own feces. Now take that hamburger in front of you and push it far away from you and your mouth. The same goes for chickens. They make them so fat with hormones in such a small amount of time, that some die from obesity. Obese chickens, stuffed with hormones, head cut off, then plucked, then bathed in chlorine seven times, then ground, the breaded, then cooked, then frozen, then thawed, then onto your plate. Stuff that chicken in your mouth why don't you. You know it's fattening, you know it's bad for you. Your excuse for eating fast food; it's good. It's cheap, I like it; when are you going to get that being fat is not fun!

6. School

School. Enough said. A combination of medieval torture, peer pressure, and some biology dissections. It's enough to make any grown man cry. I mean; I love learning, but it's the people who I learn with that bug me. Most kids drop out of school in high-school, become pregnant, get murdered, commit suicide, they're just plain stupid, or they just DON'T CARE!

7. Idiots Who Think They Can Do Anything

I hate the dunces that act as if they own the whole world. They come swaggering down the street with their underwear showing, inappropriate shirts thrown onto their chests, and headphones jammed into their ears. As if they need more horrible “music” (I don’t count rap as a genre of music) poisoning their brain; or what’s left of it. Their glassy eyes show that they’ve already been brainwashed by the violence of video games and TV. “S’up homey,” or “Yo,” with the occasional “How you doing,” It drives me crazy!

A lot of things drive me crazy. I could go on and on with this, but than you would realize that you’re living a lie and the world around you is not what society would want you to believe. So I’ll make society happy and be “brief” with this subject. I guess I’ll stop at only a few topics so I don’t have to manage a rebellion in my free time. Anyways; just leave to my pitiful existence on this pitiful place of civilization.

I've always noticed the details, the fine lines if you will, of the world. The cracks that could split the world in two. I thought it might be nice to put them on a checklist for the world leaders.