Why do we fall in love so easily? | Teen Ink

Why do we fall in love so easily?

December 6, 2013
By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
25 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero


Why? Why do we fall in love so easily? It’s a funny thing isn’t it? When you feellike you have an open war inside your heart, we stay vulnerable and all of a sudden everything that seems wrong feels terribly right. Just feel a constant anxiety that possesses you and all you can think is that person that just for smiling and breathing makes you spontaneously happy, and with butterflies in your stomach. But its not the happiness you feel when you receive a new phone or lipstick. Its happiness in its true essence... And for a split second all you inside is this happiness... Only happiness... And in that moment... That meaningless moment we find ourselves in love. But know you ask me what does being “in love” really means? Well, it means that everything the other person does effects you in some weird and strangely deep way. Every move, word, expression and emotion... Everything... Everything unconditionally affects you. But love hurts... Love possesses you... Love takes you down and up... We can say it is like the roller coaster of life... Ups and downs... Adrenalin and fear... But as Joy bell C. said, “they say a good love is the one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water and pats on your head. But I say a good love is the one that casts you into the wind, sets you a blaze, makes you burn into the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix. I say good love is the one that burns and flies, and you run with it”


The author's comments:
This piece is a monologue I wrote for Drama I inspired myself on the exiting aventure with ups and down that is being in love.