Craven, Cowardly Conservatives [health care reform] | Teen Ink

Craven, Cowardly Conservatives [health care reform]

September 28, 2013
By Aramis_999 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
Aramis_999 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
25 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, don’t judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family. -Madonna


The Republican party is threatening a government shutdown, unless President Barack Obama gives in to the GOP’s plan to defund the affordable healthcare act. The health care act is great asset and will help many people who are unemployed, and those who don’t get health insurance through their job and can’t afford to buy it on their own. The craven republicans are threatening a government shutdown, unless Obama agrees to defend his health care act. In Obama’s own words, "Reforming health care's going to help the economy over the long term. Not only will it help lower costs for businesses, not only will it help families, it will free up entrepreneurship in this country, because if you've got a great idea for your own business, but you've never tried it because your spouse had a preexisting condition and you didn't want to lose your employer-based coverage, you've got the ability now to get your own coverage. That's security. That's freedom," he said. If the health care act is defunded, many people won’t be able to go to the doctor. Those with pre existing conditions, many of which are genetic, and can’t be prevented, will be turned away from health insurance, and thus can not go to the doctor or hospital to get treatment. When all of the health problems they had accumulated into a catastrophe, they will be unable to pay their hospital bills. Under this health care act, people will be able to get the health care they need and deserve.