Someday Somebody Will Love You | Teen Ink

Someday Somebody Will Love You

By swallowedbystreetlights PLATINUM, Arlington, Virginia
swallowedbystreetlights PLATINUM, Arlington, Virginia

Someday somebody will love you. Please stop yourself from hissing poisonous counterarguments into your own ear. Relax your shoulders. You didn't realize they were tense. Someday somebody will love you. Please give your tongue a break from spitting vicious acid words down your throat. Please keep your wrists from leaking cruelties into your bloodstream. Hold your own hand and don't tell yourself how pathetic that is: it's not. It's wonderful. Someday somebody will love you. Don't get angry with yourself when you spill your drink or trip up the stairs. Stop thinking of it as a flaw: it's not. It's wonderful. Please stop your fists from shaking under the crippling disdain with which you coat your limbs and suffocate your mind. Someday somebody will love you. I hope it will be today. Please stop putting beauty in a box and trying to force yourself in after it. You are alive and you are somebody. It’s wonderful. You will feel small and, when you do, please don’t belittle your value no matter how easily you can shrink it down and crush it beneath your feet. You are not worthless and you never will be. You’re wonderful. Someday somebody will love you. Treat yourself like a human being. Someday somebody will love you. I hope it will be you.