Middle School: Idiocity and the Worst Years of Your LIfe | Teen Ink

Middle School: Idiocity and the Worst Years of Your LIfe

By alexandas SILVER, Suisun City, California
alexandas SILVER, Suisun City, California

"I disagree with your logic and substitute my own."

-Noah (ME!) [and probably someone else]

Middle School is the borderline between childhood and adulthood. Middle School is a time in which kids act somewhat unintelligent. This is the time when kids start to go by the saying: “Birds of a feather flock together”, kids in Elementary School are most of the time the same as everyone else. But now in Middles School people are changing and are gathering in groups, you have your tech nerds, sports players, writers, artists, bullies, geeks, and so on. But since we have these different groups kids are getting bullied a lot more. I myself am overweight, smart, annoying, and lonely. So I am considered an easy target for bullies, I have been bullied since sixth grade and still am. Why kids bully has been asked many times, and there are a few obvious reasons: jealousy, the feeling of having nothing, not being that smart, and are treated badly. I myself do not bully, but do fight back if necessary.

Also there is the worst part of Middle School, what do you think it is? Bullying? Being an outsider? No, it’s adolescence. The problem is not adolescence itself, but what it comes with. Now most kids are doing a lot of cussing, thinking “dirty”, talking about things that are very inappropriate, doing things that are very inappropriate, and thinking they are better than adults. And then there’s that wonderful, not really, thing called puberty, I won’t say more about that. Then there’s the rule-breaking problem, kids wearing “stylishly” ripped jeans, sagging their pants, saying bad words, being rude, getting into fights, bullying, stealing, and many more. Why do kids do this you ask? The answer is: I have no idea. It might have something to do with middle school stupidity, which is a special kind of low intelligence that middle schoolers have that makes them think they are cleverer and more important than adults, but they are actually a lot less intelligent.

Now there’s the problem that is one of the worst: Doing drugs, smoking, and drinking alcohol. One day at my old middle school I was in the office for a reason I do not remember, my mother was picking me up and I happened to hear a boy being talked to by a principal, and Mr. principal said something about the boy being caught with drugs at school. Along with my said middle school stupidity comes the wish to damage your brain, lungs, and body. Kids in school are drinking alcohol, doing drugs, and smoking cigarettes. These things have killed thousands of people and continue to kill people everyday. Why middle schoolers are doing these things is a good question. Perhaps because they were tempted to do so.

This is an article on the terrible years at the school we call Middle School

-Noah (ME!) [and probably someone else]

Yes it is pretty scary that my fellow students do drugs and alchohol and such.  But I'm somewhat not surprised for some strange reason. . .

on Mar. 16 2013 at 10:10 am
thegatelocked1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Nobody is worth your tears, but the one who is won't make you cry.
or
Don't give me advice, give me money!

That must have been scary to think about, that kids at your school are doing drugs, alcohol, and smoking.  I definitly agree with you on all of those things, from middle school stupidity to "thinking dirty."  At least there's a few people who can rise above that and lead the rest of their peers.  I wish you truly the best of luck with your bullying problems, and hope that they get resolved.   Sincerely, Sam