Life is Like a Snow Globe | Teen Ink

Life is Like a Snow Globe

By Alyssa95 PLATINUM, Lodi, Wisconsin
Alyssa95 PLATINUM, Lodi, Wisconsin

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life is like a snow globe. There are moments of beauty and calm happiness, yet every now and again, things get rather shaken up. It feels like your world is tilting and falling all around you. Yet it always finds its way back to a calmer level. We all long for those moments in our lives and wish that we never had to experience the shaken-up - world is falling all around us - feelings. If we never felt unsure, sad, or unstable, though, would the calm after the storm be as wonderful? The moments of despair, confusion, loss, and anger resolve into happiness and calmer outcomes if you let them. Don't fight against the normal pattern of life and expect to be happier - you will only shake things up a little more. Remember what really matters.

Sometimes life gets shaken up, just like a snow globe. You just have to give it a chance to calm back down and let the remains of the falling pieces form the new reality you have been put into.

hanahh11 said...
wow. this is amazing.