Action | Teen Ink

Action

July 2, 2012
By Iceball BRONZE, Richmond Hill, Other
Iceball BRONZE, Richmond Hill, Other
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.


To me, something about humanity has really changed.
Put yourself in this situation. You are in a subway during rush-hour, the train is rather full. You turn to find that an elderly lady has fallen due to the impact of the train stopping and she is clearly unable to get back up on her own. What would you do?
Many will answer: I will go help her up, obviously. But really? Will you? Or will you just stand there for a few seconds expecting someone else that is sitting or standing closer to her to help her instead? I know I would just stand and stare. Any average human will probably do the same. So we end up with a train full of people, all staring at a lady who has fallen down, for ten seconds before someone actually taking action to help her. Why? Because we are all expecting each other to do it. If you were alone on a train however, it would only take the time for your brain to send the signal to your legs before you start moving towards the lady to help her up.
Why does this happen? Why can’t we all just take action ourselves? Even if a train full of people rush to one lady all at once, wouldn’t that make more sense? Why do we expect someone else to do it?
Same theory in a larger situation. Humans theoretically have the same brain structure, so why do some specific humans stand out from the rest? Oh you know, he/she can do it, so I won’t, cause they’ll just do it and I won’t have to do anything. Really?
You claim that it is because your lack of confidence, or your just stupid, or you don’t want to set your goals too high and be depressed when you don’t reach them. Excuse me, but that sounds like the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you don’t reach your goals or dreams, keep reaching! Who said that you failed and can’t ever try again? Did anyone? Or did you just get tired and stopped believing? The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do. By the end of the day, it’s always good to know that you gave everything you’ve got.
Bravery is not just being the hero to save the world, or the one who took the bullet to save someone else. It is the ordinary acts of bravery that drives one person to stand up for another. It is the courage that make you do what you believe is right no matter how difficult or frightening that one thing may be. Don’t say I can do it. Do it. We don’t want to hear just bold words, we want to see bold deeds and actions to match them, because we believe in action.
Remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be. Remind yourself to be the change you want to see in the world, to be one step ahead of the others to take action. That is how to reach success. How to be the one you set out to be.


The author's comments:
We don’t want to hear just bold words, we want to see bold deeds and actions to match them, because we believe in action.