My Mama | Teen Ink

My Mama

I don’t know what I would do without my mama. She’s the most important person in my life right now. She’s been there for me all my life. She always has my back no matter what. Sometimes we argue but me in my mama are closer than ever.

I feel like my mama has done a good job raising me, and she does too. She had me when she was nineteen. I was her first, but not last, baby. When I was in 1st grade she had my brother and when I was in 7th grade she had my sister. My mama always makes me feel special. She tells me that I saved her life because if it wasn’t for me being born she doesn’t know where her life would have ended up. That makes me feel real special. When she told me that I felt like I had a purpose for being here. My mama always makes me feel special. She knows how to cheer me up when I’m feeling bad and also knows how to turn things around for me. Like when I was in 8th grade. That whole first semester I stayed in nothing but trouble. I got in fights, argued with everybody, and even got kicked out of athletics. Nothing seemed to go right for me. I even failed two classes. I don’t ever fail, so that’s when my mama knew she had to do something. So she went up to the school and talked to all my teachers and got on to me like she never had before. Then she stayed on me until I got my stuff together. At the time I was mad at her, but at the end of the school year I realized I didn’t get in anymore trouble after she got on to me. See, if I had a bad mama I would’ve messed around and went to AEP. But I have one of the best mama’s a person can ask for.

Like I said before, I don’t know what I would do without my mama. I wouldn’t, at all, be the person I am today.

bbygurl21 PLATINUM, Boston, Massachusetts

sticks n stones my brick my bones but words cant

i like this its really sweet