Grade Point Average | Teen Ink

Grade Point Average

I have always thought about what I could have done differently or gone back and changed. It’s something everyone would like to have control of. I think that life is filled with choices, such as right and wrong. I would love to go back and change the ways that I performed things so I could be at a higher level than where I am at now. These are things many of the people in today’s world often think about.

One thing that I would ask is to redo my high school career. The reason I ask this is because sitting here as a senior in my last year of high school, I now understand why this is the most important year of my life. I have a 2.8 GPA and that is not where I should be sitting at. I started high school like any other student, ready to graduate. I now wish that I would have changed my study habits and wish that I would have taken it more serious. As a 9th grade student I took every required class to pass that year, but I hit a bump in the road. I am a student that tries to be as good as or better than others. I decided to take some tougher classes to make me look smart and it didn’t help. I ended up failing one of those subjects, but I stuck with it, and now I am fighting for a 3.0 GPA. I believe its one of the most complicated things I have ever done.

I just want all the students of any age to hear me out and understand that this is the most important four years of your life. This GPA will get you accepted in some of the finest schools across the country. Remember as well, to recognize what your strong areas
cox 2
are such as drawing, drafting, or writing. If you try hard in your freshmen year of high school and get on the honor roll try to keep that up and without a doubt you will get accepted in a school you love. It’s a fascinating thing to sit here as a senior remembering what my parents told me. I didn’t listen and look where I am now. I did get accepted to Kansas State but I believe if I had a higher GPA I could have been accepted to many other majors’ universities and into the major of my choice.

So what I would like you to do is remember what I am telling you now. Don’t be afraid to pick up a book I promise it won’t hurt. Try as hard as you can during your freshman and sophomore years of high school, it is the foundation for your future. I am only saying this because this happens to students all the time. Don’t let it happen to you.