Ordinary | Teen Ink

Ordinary

By marliegirl21 BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland
marliegirl21 BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland

I’m not anything particularly amazing to look at. I’m not some flawless model with a gorgeous body. I don’t have thick hair that goes on for miles. I’m average. I’m me.

A lot of the girls that are average looking have some amazing talent that makes them so much more than just average. I don’t. I can’t sing. I can’t play an instrument. I mean, I am practically tone deaf. I can’t dance. I’m extremely uncoordinated and not even remotely athletic so sports are out of the question. I can put paint on a canvas, but it’s never something special. I can write words on a piece of paper, but it doesn’t inspire anyone.

I’m just nothing fantastic. That doesn’t mean I’m not beautiful. That doesn’t mean I can’t be a good friend. That doesn’t mean I don’t have good ideas.

I love with all my heart. I am always curious, and dying to learn more. I am the girl next door that will never be something amazing.
I will always be true to me. I will always be honest. I will always care more than one would think possible. I can promise all of this, and for that I am beautiful inside and out. For that, I am someone you can always count on. For that, my heart will break when I see someone I love be unhappy. For that, my concerns will never come first. For that, I might sacrifice my own happiness.
I could never resent someone for asking too much of me. I would do it even if they didn’t ask. I care too much for my own good, but I’m perfectly okay with that. It’s who I am; who I have always been; who I always will be.
I am beautiful no matter what anyone else says.