I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

By xkarax1230 SILVER, Franklin, Massachusetts
xkarax1230 SILVER, Franklin, Massachusetts

“Mom, can I ask you something?” I believe that family comes first. Family is always there for me no matter what is going on in my life. Whether I’m having a good day or I’m in a bad mood, they’re always by my side. Two years ago, my family was at a party and my brother was injured. This tested how well my family worked together.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” My mom came running up the dirt path that lead to the ATV trails.

“It’s your brother, he crashed the ATV into a tree and he hurt his leg badly.” She ran back to the trail where this happened and I chased after her, but I had to stop after a while because I had no shoes on it really hurt my feet. She was very worried and had the hosts call 911. When the ambulance arrived, they took my mom and my brother to the hospital. While all this was going on, I called my dad because he had left the party earlier and he wasn’t there when all of this happened. When I started talking to him, I broke into tears. One of my mom’s friends that was there came over to me and said that everything was alright.

At first I thought, “he’s so stupid, how could he crash an ATV,” but then I started to realize that maybe he could actually be hurt. Luckily, my neighbors that I consider to be my family were there and they offered to bring me home because of what happened. The ride home was quiet. I couldn’t wait to get home and see my dad. He wanted to wait to leave for the hospital until I got home. When I saw him, I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. He told me that everything was going to be alright.

After I said goodbye to my dad, I went to my neighbor’s house and watched television until my mom and dad brought my brother home. When they came back, they told me that he had broken his wrist and severely hurt his leg. He was on crutches and after a little bit of therapy he was better. I felt better knowing that he was going to be okay.

This event made my family come together. We worked together to make sure that everything would be okay. We became a closer family after this happened. Although it was a bad experience, in a way it was good because it brought my family together.

Family is always there for me. No matter what happens they always have my back. There always there to lift up my spirits. They make me laugh, they make me mad, but after all that I can’t help but love them no matter what they do. They don’t only lift up my spirits, I will also try to cheer them up when they are down or when they are hurting. I fight with my brother a lot, but I will have his back if he needs it. In my family, we don’t always get along, but we come together if we need to. Even when we yell, we try not to hurt everyone else’s feelings and we apologize for hurting them. My family always means well and I believe that they always have and always will be there for me.