Like or Unlike | Teen Ink

Like or Unlike

By RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York
RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York

"Sometimes it's kinda fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney
"Go live your dream"-Disney's Tangled

The other day I was on the phone with my mom, and she pointed out that we cannot just unlike someone once we start liking them. Living in the culture I live in today make me think of Facebook as soon as she said that. We can "like" some body's comment, picture, status or post anything we want on this site. If we suddenly with that we hadn't done that we can just go back and hit "unlike". If I post a comment and then wish I didn't, like at that it's gone. In life however we cannot take back a comment or unlike a person. It may take you years, and then sooner or later you think you lost your previous love for them but maybe not. One day you run into them and the feelings are back. You will always, no matter how hard you try have feelings for the person that you don't want to like. You were once attracted to them, and that same reason may still be there. You will be reminded of it. I have seen my friends talk about their boyfriends and accidentally call them by their old boyfriend's name, just out of habit. Sometimes we love our feelings and emotions, but other times you can't figure out why you're so low. Liking someone can be a gift or a haunting presence to you, depending on the person. Just remember not to get ahead of yourself, because there are just somethings you can never take back, or "unlike".