Dust in the Air | Teen Ink

Dust in the Air

July 23, 2011
By thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.


I often feel like I’m searching for something greater. A feeling that people in this world cannot supply.

Sometimes, I sit back and quietly listen as people gossip about other people. I squint at the ones who believe they should be allowed to stare at another who does not fit in; their game of Which One Is Not Like The Others appalls me. I look at and listen to these people; they lack something. They seem shallow and unconcerned.

I feel like I am the only one that craves something more. Something new. That there is more to this life. Something bigger.


How much must The One in heaven know? They say he knows all things. How huge his brain must be! I would imagine Him to have more eyes than spiders. I bet he has fingers as long as telephone poles, enabling him to put our lives back in place when he needs to. They say he looks a lot like us; we were made in His image. But still, how wondrous he must look, I think. He is simply astounding in my mind.


I want to feel like I know my purpose. Why did my Savior truly place my heart in this family, this city, and this world? He placed me exactly where I am now, and if he had put me anywhere else, I would have grown up to be entirely different.

I am who I am, and I want to feel like I am interconnected with every being on Earth. When I feel water on my fingertips, I want to be in touch with nature’s energy. When I lock eyes with someone I do not know, I want to understand their life. It is like none other but myself feels this way.


I wish I could sense more than what everyone else senses.

The key to relentless love may be buried somewhere beneath my toes. The solution to ruthless chaos may be floating within the ocean’s waves. I honestly have not a clue. I hope someday, somehow, I will uncover these lost treasures that have vanished from society long ago.


I want to feel everything that everyone has ever felt within my being.

I have a suspicion that there is something invisible and as small as dust in the air that I cannot reach, but if only I could touch, I would be able to solve my quandary.


The author's comments:
Just my thoughts... It's kind of poetic because that is mainly what I do.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 18 comments.


on Apr. 23 2012 at 12:14 am
JessicaQ PLATINUM, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Other
23 articles 5 photos 28 comments
Alot of feelings! I like it!

leafy said...
on Sep. 13 2011 at 2:27 pm
leafy, City, Other
0 articles 0 photos 682 comments

Favorite Quote:
Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

I love the poetic stories like this, thoughts flowing together to make some almost like free verse. Nce job, and 5/5

on Sep. 10 2011 at 6:26 pm
Regs_the_Shorty GOLD, Frankfort, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 129 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are people who finish what they start and.....

I feel the same way. 5 stars

on Sep. 1 2011 at 8:53 pm
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Interesting thought, IamtheshyStargirl! It is a bit crazy how even when the answer is so close to you- even inside you- and it is still hard to find! Thank you so much for reading my stuff! :)

on Sep. 1 2011 at 7:24 pm
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah
44 articles 16 photos 2206 comments

Favorite Quote:
Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

The answers lie within your own heart, perhaps. 

Lovely piece, very poetic and wishful. 


on Aug. 21 2011 at 10:21 pm
little-miss-mistakes GOLD, Plano, Texas
18 articles 2 photos 70 comments

Favorite Quote:
even after all these years the sun has never said to the earth, you owe me... look at what a love like that can do, it can light up the sky

you obviously but alot of thought and feeling onto this piece... and it shows! Its not always easy to wrie those nagging qestions but you did it with a poetic stle and slight redundancy that was not harmful but also made it feel more heartfelt!! good job!!!

on Aug. 21 2011 at 9:55 pm
PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
14 articles 0 photos 178 comments
I feel a lot of the same! Especially the thriving for more and not just the same, normal, satifying life. One ounce of criticism? Maybe condence it to shorter stanzas or smaller paragraphs just so it's appealing to the eye. Overall, it's great!

on Aug. 10 2011 at 11:20 am
ohheyyyelli SILVER, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
5 articles 3 photos 178 comments
I feel the same way, it makes you really think. Great writing

on Aug. 5 2011 at 10:15 pm
Love.Hate.Passion., Spring Valley, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 356 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Hope. Faith. Love~
~Be proud of who you are.You are all unique in a different way.~
~I WILL NOT fade into oblivion , and become less than
a distant memory.~

You write beautifully. This made me think and smile. I loved it :)

on Aug. 4 2011 at 7:00 pm
bEllAhOPe BRONZE, Houston, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Flying is simple... you just throw yourself at the ground and miss.\"

I enjoyed this. There's deepness to the way you write that most don't have. A few pieces I've seen seem to be trying to hard to have poetry in their souls, while yours comes off nicely. The topic is intense, and you handled it so beautifully. Thank you.

on Aug. 4 2011 at 12:27 pm
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

I think if everyone thought like this the world would be a better place. What is it like to have TRUE meaning in your life? You know?

on Aug. 3 2011 at 11:09 pm
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Thank you to you both for reading it. I wrote it from my heart! Right out of my mind and onto the paper,  no revising at all. If you guys liked this, then i encourage you to go read bEllAhOPe's article titled My Little White Cane. She made a thread in the forums today asking for people to read her stuff, and i read that and i loved it. it was kind of like this one! :) Just if you want to!!!....

on Aug. 3 2011 at 10:47 pm
JerseyGirl716 BRONZE, Central, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I couldn't agree more with Dark_Mind, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way as you. It's as if there's something just out of reach, but if we could grab it everything would become clear. Amazing poem, you have a gift!

Dark_Mind GOLD said...
on Aug. 3 2011 at 10:41 pm
Dark_Mind GOLD, Little Rock, Arkansas
11 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sounds like a Personal Problem."

This is truly amazing, inspiring...I'm flabbergasted. Outstanding the way you can make a person feel through your writing.

on Aug. 3 2011 at 5:17 pm
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia
35 articles 0 photos 782 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I know exactly what you mean.  Most likely you're not the only one who feels this way!!!!  I like writing for that too!!!

on Aug. 3 2011 at 4:54 pm
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks! I know this is deep, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feel this way, too. One of the things I love about writing is how you are allowed to say the things you wish you could say in a normal conversation with someone, when in truth you usually can't talk like that. You know what I mean? :)

on Aug. 3 2011 at 4:36 pm
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia
35 articles 0 photos 782 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

Me too, I feel this way,  and different.  Very good job I really liked this!!!!! :D

on Aug. 3 2011 at 1:51 pm
thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma
9 articles 0 photos 351 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?