There's Something. | Teen Ink

There's Something.

By Moonchild. SILVER, McConnelsville, Ohio
Moonchild. SILVER, McConnelsville, Ohio

There's something about sunshine, golden in the day's night, shading objects and transcending ourselves;

There's something about the night sky, dark and unending, full of fear and opportunity, waiting for us to grab the stars;

There's something about living, the simple act of oxygen-in-out, the dependable thump-thump of a full heart;

There's something about dying, taking all the world has to offer and leaving this place, finally certain of all doubt;

There's something about rain, falling from above and filling the world with a million pieces of love-from those past;

There's something about rainbows, shooting through the sky like a slide for angels, a smile for the world to relish;

There's something about music, the combination of expression and emotion, intellect and feeling, in totality;

There's something about silence, a momentary realization that we're all pretty small and-unique, in so many ways;

There's something about love, brimming over and encompassing every action-reaction-life, so strong we all know;

There's something about hate, a testimony to the power of love and the fragility of ourselves--how easy we're hurt;

There's something about forgiveness, noticing a person's flaws, the wrong they've done, and letting it be ok;

There's something about guilt, a transgression of mistake and conscience, a remorse that requires action;

There's something about friends, a source of stability in the fiercest storms and someone to share good things with;

There's something about foes, someone to be separate than, someone to fight for what reasons you stand for;

There's something about tears, a relief from the all-enduring burden of pain and hurt and feeling that we take;

There's something about smiles, a light in the darkest of times, a sign that happy is something you can't cage;

There's something about you, a cookie-cutter version with a million differences, a one-of-a-kind life here and now;

There's something about me, writing this here with the knowledge that this is life, this is real, this is who we are;