CYBERBULLYING | Teen Ink

CYBERBULLYING

By Tay2bPositive GOLD, Pembroke Pines, Florida
Tay2bPositive GOLD, Pembroke Pines, Florida

Do Something New!
Amatures built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Cyber bullying; the way bullies hurt you without any face to face contact. Cyber bullying is for the bullies who are too scared to come to your face and speak their minds. Cyber bullying is a type of bullying that can be prevents. Cyber bullying is the reason teens are scared to log onto their computers. Cyber bullying is so easy, because of the love for Facebook teens have shown.

Statistics show that the most common type of bullying is cyber bullying. Teens own BlackBerrys, IPhones, Macs, PCs, IPads and other Tablets, Xbox 360s to namedrop a few. One thing all these modern electronics have in common is that there are many ways to socially interact with each other through the electronic. Computers are the root of Facebook and Twitter; these social networking sites also have their own app for the gaming devices, phones, and tablets. This makes it so much easier for non face to face interaction. Bullies have taken this digital movement to their advantage. Now, they are able to do hurtful things not face to face and not verbally.
You do not hear about bullies’ skyping hurtful things, since Skype is face to face. They use Facebook, where your picture is the closest thing to your face they have. We can make a stop to these hurtful things that have led to humiliation, self abuse, and even suicide.

I, personally, can say that I am not a member of any social networking site. I do not want to be a part of something that can hurt somebody. You can help too. If less people used social networking sites, less people would get affected by cyber bullying. I don’t expect people to deactivate their Facebook account after reading this, but think about ways you can help cyber bullying victims. Think about how much time you spend on those sites. Think about the negative effects it has had on you. THINK about cyber bullying.