Teenagers (Females) | Teen Ink

Teenagers (Females)

August 29, 2009
By RachelAmber BRONZE, Lake Worth, Florida
RachelAmber BRONZE, Lake Worth, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

“Parents of teenagers don’t have it easy. Door-slamming, fights over phone use and friend choice, late nights spent lying awake envisioning benders or high-speed car chases, the futile feeling that everything you says goes in one ear and out the other. And as much as parents struggle, teens will attest that adolescence is no cakewalk for them either.”
Quote by – Ericka P.

The feelings that teenagers get is indescribable. This is the time where there emotions run wild. Even though we try to restrain our bad outbursts it just happens. Even though we think were in love, we don’t have enough common sense to stand on the outside and look in. I’m not saying teenagers don’t have similar emotions as adults but their pretty different in certain ways. Stress is mounting for everyone, including teens but from my research more likely teens are. I was thinking about why and I came up with this: this is the point where teens start their life. New things happening different ways that they feel and their either to shy to ask or they just don’t want to know. Personally I’m not afraid to ask anything but most of them are. Also this is the time were there mood swings come usually at the age of 12 they won’t be acting like there self’s usually laziness comes at hand and the mood flash as I say. They will be happy and could switch to sad/hyper/mean ECT before a blink of an eye if something is said wrong. Every teen dose it, it’s just the matter if they show it or not. What parents need to do is to understand and kind of let a loose grip. You do not want your child to become your enemy. You want them to be like a friend, someone who they can tell stuff to and not be uncomfortable about it. One of the issues are not enough love. There is not such thing as OVER loving your teens, when it comes to warmth and affection you can not give to much that is really important in a mother daughter father daughter relationship. A Physiologist quotes-"Being an involved parent takes time and is hard work, and it often means rethinking and rearranging your priorities. It frequently means sacrificing what you want to do for what your child needs you to do. Be there mentally as well as physically.” Now what that means to me is you need to be there for your kid at all times. You can’t just see them crying and walk away. And if they have a big cheerleading compition for ex. You should be there supporting what there doing in every way possible. Another thing is trying to avoid over punishing a child. All the types of punishment that parents use, the one worst side effect is physical. 70% of physiologists agree. Teens who are hit, slapped, spanked ECT are more violent towards others. They are most likely to be bullies or most likely use aggression toward other to solve problems. Also the best way to get respectful treatment from your child is to treat her respectfully. You should give your child the same politeness you would give to anyone else. Respect his opinion. Pay attention when she is speaking to you. Children treat others the way their parents treat them. The last thing is quoted by another phycolisgest “Setting limits helps your child develop a sense of self-control. Encouraging independence helps her develop a sense of self-direction. To be successful in life, she’s going to need both. Accepting that it is normal for children to push for autonomy is absolutely key to effective parenting. Many parents mistakenly equate their child’s independence with rebelliousness or disobedience. Children push for independence because it is part of human nature to want to feel in control rather than to feel controlled by someone else.” – this is a very important quote to me because I feel that most parents are lacking this. The careless parents leave them alone and expect them to just live, with out guidelines or anything. They don’t understand that they’ve already been taught but there kids haven’t and they just assume that it’s an instinct. Another thing when you go over board and stay on their shoulder they don’t get that alone time and the space that they need to be cableable to live alone and not depend on anyone. To survive in the real world as they grow they need to learn that bit by bit.


Yes I may be 13 but those are my thoughts if I was 30