Why is there a shift towards a Carbon Neutral World?- The emergence of Electric vehicles | Teen Ink

Why is there a shift towards a Carbon Neutral World?- The emergence of Electric vehicles

By devyani_28 BRONZE, North Delhi, Other
devyani_28 BRONZE, North Delhi, Other

Carbon neutrality refers to achieving net-zero carbon dioxide emissions. electric cars were an ideal alternative to combustion and steam engines, the first electric car is said to be invented in 1832. India has inter-city and intra- city transportation for which fossil fuels are burnt. It is time for an industrial revolution. The transportation sector has added a lot to the atmospheric pollution and greenhouse gases which have resulted in climate changes. There are primarily 6 standards of fuel used, every standard has a great measure of sulphur content, oxides of nitrogen and carbon. Such activities have resulted in some of the extremes of climatic changes like a hole in the ozone layer. 

There is a need to electrify mass transportation with the help of hydro neutral power, solar power. By choosing to drive an EV you are helping to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions. An EV has zero exhaust emissions, but still creates a degree of greenhouse gas emissions when it is charged from the electricity grid. William Morrison created creates the first successful electric vehicle in the U.S. 

With battery prices reportedly declining 73% since 2010, electric cars are anticipated to be as affordable as fuel-powered cars in the foreseeable future. The battery and electric motor should be good well after the car is 10 years old and it could recommence to be a great vehicle all the way up to 15 or even 20 years, depending on how well it's taken care of and how far you're driving. According to a recent study by WHO, India is home to 14 out of 20 most polluted cities in the world. Electric vehicles (EVs) can improve that scenario by reducing local concentrations of pollutants in cities.

I am a passionate teenage girl who aims to make a change.