Mortally Immortal Teens | Teen Ink

Mortally Immortal Teens

April 16, 2019
By summertime1101 SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida
summertime1101 SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am not otherworldly, but rather I have been becoming vastly more aware of my mortality and the fragility of life in general. This has been something I've been thinking about a lot lately due to the tragic passings of multiple high school students around the county. I've also been reminded of my earthliness by my principal in regards to staying safe on prom night. Losing a friend at my age while seemingly unlikely, is actually something that can happen at any given time. Although I did not personally know anyone that has died within the past few months, they have made me reflect and become more conscientious of how I treat people, particularly those are that are close to me.  of course it is important to always treat people with respect and kindness, but it is events like these that remind us to do so even more. I hope that those close to me know that I am always someone they can reach out to in any time of need, and that I will without a shadow of a doubt be there for them. High schoolers often make the grave mistake of thinking they are invincible, when in reality we may be the most fragile.