RELATABLE.Inc Mission and Purpose | Teen Ink

RELATABLE.Inc Mission and Purpose

March 15, 2019
By Anonymous

Teen Ink Entrepreneurship Essay Submission

RELATABLE Incorporated

Brianna Watts


As a teenager you can easily get caught up in a quickly moving and changing society. As if your current unstable mind and body can handle it. After age 13 or 14, many people experience new things that they are not completely used to. The introduction of alcohol, drugs, and sexual encounters can be extremely difficult to process. This is why my company, RELATABLE, will create an app for counseling and support for young adults that may not have help readily available.

The goal of RELATABLE is to provide help to every teen who may be struggling. To do this, my company will partner with schools, popular teen brands, celebrities, and social media sites. With most adolescents having phones and social media, RELATABLE will also spread the word in the form of hashtags and social challenges. Qualified therapists and psychologists will arrange 1 on 1 and group counselling sessions via the platform as well.

This company would disrupt the status quo because it would give teens a place to openly express their challenges without judgement. The app will be closely moderated for any signs of negativity to make sure this promise is kept. Thousands of kids hide their problems from the world because they fear no social acceptance and bullying. The main goal of this program is to decrease the rates of bullying, depression, and teen suicide.

Overall, the mission of RELATABLE will allow teens to be more comfortable with their newfound mental and physical situations.


The author's comments:

This is a very prominent topic at this time in my life and I want to create a way to address them.