To All LGBTQ+ | Teen Ink

To All LGBTQ+

April 14, 2016
By everlasting.flame BRONZE, Manassas Park, Virginia
everlasting.flame BRONZE, Manassas Park, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't hold on to water. It fills you up, but it never stays. It's only good to wash away."


This is a very hard topic to write about due to its controversy, but this needs to be said. You should not be ashamed of who you are. Finding yourself is one of the longest journeys you'll go on, so there is no rush. When you know, you'll know. Honestly, if any homophobic or transphobic slurs come your way, the people who uttered them are as ignorant as the mother from Phineas and Ferb. Weird connection, bet hey it gets the point across. Those people do not have a say in how you spend your life. Your choices do not affect them whatsoever. Love is love and happiness is happiness. This isn't a hard concept to grasp which is why it completely baffles me as to why some people are judgmental. Everyone wants happiness so how could people sit there and deny you yours? You have the freedom to do whatever you please so in a world full of drugs, alcohol, and prostitutes, why are LGBTQ+ people getting the most hate? Don't we as a society have more important problems to solve? And if you’re related, or friends with, someone who is of the LGBTQ+ community, if you truly love them you'll accept them because you want them to be happy.

(People often bring up religion while opposing this topic, but just so you know the bible also says that some are born gay {Matthew 19:10-12} and Jesus himself affirmed a gay couple {8:5-13})


The author's comments:

The fact that we as a society have not evolved enough to accept the fact that some people are different utterly confuses me and to be quite honest, repulses me. What other people do in their own personal lives in no way affects any of us. In this life, happiness should the thing that matters the most.