The Truth Of Being A Human | Teen Ink

The Truth Of Being A Human

By Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine
Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine

When it comes down to the utter truth, humans are tiny bags of meat that are chemically balanced, and only capable of conjuring simplistic thoughts and ideas. Physically, we are even less significant. Even some of the most extraordinary physical achievements as human beings don’t even compare to a fraction of the power and speed of virtually anything else in the universe. Sad and happy and good and bad don’t even exist in the universe. We’re just around to feel them. As a human being, our minds are filled with infatuation for other humans, society, and the need to feel beautiful or loved. We cannot even grasp a tiny bit of truth, in and trying to do so, we end up in panic attacks. Our comfort? We attach ourselves to other humans, who are equally as underpowered as we are. Our days consist of texting, social networking, and working. All of these contribute to building up our tiny human kingdom, we make a dent on nothing more that exists. When we have passed on, not even our memories stay. The only thing we have, for a short period of time, is other grieving humans and dental records that eventually get thrown away. We are so little. And it’s okay.