A Letter to My Acne | Teen Ink

A Letter to My Acne

By Boyer SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Boyer SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

I completely understand how you felt in your article “A Letter to my Acne”. Although I may not of had many pimples, I still felt the level  of insecurity about myself. I had insecurities about who I truly was, and I hated it. I wasn’t mean, I just wasn’t perfect. I would always think about how I could be “different” and “better than who I was”. I would look at the mirror in disgust, and hatred of who I was.So I tried, and tried to change my very soul, my looks, and personality. I thought for awhile that I was the stupid one in my family, that I feared that I was the idiot at my school, when I was really smart. I was afraid of all of those things. I was mostly afraid that I was too “imperfect”. Then, I was able to gain back my confidence in who I was. I slowly saw that my insecurities and hatred went away, I was no longer trapped. I saw that life got better, that I different need to become perfect, that, there is no such thing as a “perfect” human. That is why I can deeply relate to your article “A Letter to my Acne”. I thank you for writing this, I know how hard it is to simply reveal this very hard truth.