Reverse Racism is Not Real | Teen Ink

Reverse Racism is Not Real

By color SILVER, NY, New York
color SILVER, NY, New York

The article is called “Reverse Racism Is Not Real” by Elizabeth O. . It explains how the idea of reverse racism does not exist. It makes very good points and stats like “ ‘African Americans are incarcerated at six times the rate of whites…’” and statements such as “ white people do not experience things such as ‘housing or job discrimination, police brutality, poverty, or incarceration…’”
     Actually, I disagree with the authors claims. Reverse racism is real. Even simply claiming that black people can’t be racist, is racist. Racism is a specific race believing that they are more superior than another race. So you saying that black people can’t do something that whites do is racist. African Americans are incarcerated six times more than whites because, they are incarcerated six more times, or they are six times more inclined to do crime. Crime is breaking the law. And if you break the law, you are tried and punished. White people do not force blacks to do crime. It’s not white people’s fault. Crime is also related to poverty. If you have more Poverty, you have more crime, people want to steal more and murder. Also, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 states that we should see everyone through a colorblind state-meaning that everyone is treated equally, no matter race, color, or origin. This will ensure that racism is ended. The great Martin Luther King Jr. called for building bridges together, not breaking them apart.

Luke Reiss said...
on Feb. 20 2018 at 1:46 am
Luke Reiss,
Yes, these people are just filled with hate. There is too much drama in this world. People need to grow up and quit being so salty. Every one gotta quit blaming others and accept reality. Take care and Aloha