Digital Detox | Teen Ink

Digital Detox

By Boyer SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Boyer SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

agree with you Alexia on the “Digital detox” . Even though I’m not addicted to my electronic devices or have a phone of my own, I can understand your old obsessive need to always check your, and I can understand because I see it, all around me. Everyday, I see people in class say stuff like “ I’m not addicted to my phone.” but I see them all the time, on their phones, I see that they have to constantly check their devices, and the only way to get them off is to force them to by telling them to. This isn’t everyone in the class, but enough to be a concern for our generation. I can also agree with you Alexia because I have an addictive personality, I understand very well how I can control it, but, I also understand how others either think they have everything under control or they don’t know they’re addicted. I thinks it’s really sad that your friends after talking to you “ proceeded to catch up on missing post”, instead, they should be enjoying life. Also because of my OCD, I can understand the need to check your phone, you want to see what exciting things are going on. I agree that we should just enjoy our moments in life and to experience life the way it’s supposed to be. Thank you Alexia, foe taking your time to write that article, I enjoyed reading it.