The Best Revenge I Ever Got | Teen Ink

The Best Revenge I Ever Got MAG

By LoeyLo GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
LoeyLo GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“The Best Revenge I Ever Got” by Angela Becker is about her life as young person with a disability and how she rose above the challenges and proved herself to those who never expected a lot from her. She suffered from low self-esteem as a child because her teachers said she had an “inability to learn.” Fortunately, Angela’s fortitude and support from friends and family enabled her to conquer her challenges.

Angela proved her teachers wrong by rising far beyond their expectations. This girl who was once declared “ineducable” by teachers is now a college student. The fact that she blew away the disabilities haunting her shows that you can deal with negativity internally, and the experience, wisdom, and endurance you gain is more satisfying than being angry.

Angela’s memoir teaches all of us two important lessons: to push your limitations and revenge can result in self-improvement. Her situation and how she dealt with it shows that we can be whoever we want to be, regardless of those holding us back. This memoir is inspiring and shows the fulfilling, positive effects of the relentless pursuit of your goals.

Sparaxis GOLD said...
on Jan. 12 2017 at 8:21 pm
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

I've read something similar to that, but I'm not sure if IAceEnglish is the same person as Angela Becker.