Things You Don't Know You Want | Teen Ink

Things You Don't Know You Want

By mllk17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mllk17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

In “Things You Don’t Know You Want,” Priscilla Rapp meets a boy. At first, all she can do is interpret his actions as something negative, pointing out all his flaws. After discussing about her time at a hospital and him telling his stories, Priscilla connects with him and he’s no longer a flawed human being, he’s smart and sweet. She describes all this as her experience of falling in love. This article creates heartwarming feelings and describes the feeling of falling in love beautifully.

Although I never had the lovely experience of falling in love, it is what I pictured as falling in love. You don’t realize that you want to fall in love until it actually happens to you. You connect with that special person at a level you never would’ve expected. They don’t seem so flawful anymore. Priscilla writes of all this and even more that I could’ve ever said. She writes, “It is a bittersweet floating, an almost terrifying happiness, knowing you are going to love somebody. Knowing you are falling in love.” It’s difficult to describe how it feels to be in love, but Priscilla does it. It’s terrifying and also bittersweet at the same time.