Thank You, Teen Ink | Teen Ink

Thank You, Teen Ink MAG

April 6, 2016
By TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other
TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other
89 articles 4 photos 197 comments

Favorite Quote:
All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." - Anais Nin

we speak in hushed voices so as to not wake our memories


When I was 14 I didn’t know what to do with my life, I was scared, confused, and angry. I wasn’t doing well in school and was filled with regret that I didn’t do enough.


In the throes of trying to find myself, I discovered a Teen Ink book in the Chicken Soup section, and in the end I found out about this beautiful magazine. It’s been 69 months and 28 days since I became a member, and I just want to thank all the people behind Teen Ink for creating a community that is supportive and positively critical.


It is crucial for all artists to find a place to vent their creations, and Teen Ink has been my place. In school I felt lost among people who I thought were better than me; outside school I was just as lost.


When my first poem got published in Teen Ink, it gave me a sense of purpose. It reinstated my belief in myself and provided me with something I could be proud of and claim expertise in.


As I leave my teen years, I’m bidding good-bye to Teen Ink with a faith it will continue to give a voice to teens and provide them with the same meaning it did for me.


I can’t thank this community enough.