Feedback on "From Zero to Hero" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "From Zero to Hero"

March 2, 2016
By Nextmia GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Nextmia GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

           In the article “From Zero to Hero”, Amia Fatale does a great job illustrating the many insecurities teenagers tend to experience about their bodies. Told from the perspective of somebody who has actually been the subject to insufferable bullies and a diminishing self-esteem, this narrative is truly insightful. The point that is repeatedly made is that one can feel unsure no matter what body type they have, and no matter how desirable it is (and lack there-of). As somebody who has personally struggled from lack of self-confidence, this passage really hits close to home.
           The line “I couldn’t please them, and I couldn't please myself” is very prominent in the text. Fatale really illustrates the mindset she was in, and a major turning point that led to her realization. The text shows how she no longer wishes to tolerate the exaggerated and rude remarks of bullies. After all, they were only the problem if she let them be. This is something very important that many people struggling with body dysmorphia should always keep in mind, and Fatale poignantly displays her own personal dilemma in her writing. Overall, this article is very true to the issue.