Feedback on "The Dirtiest F-Word" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Dirtiest F-Word" MAG

March 1, 2016
By imahurricane SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
imahurricane SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     “The Dirtiest F-Word” discussed an important issue our society is currently dealing with: the fight for and against feminism. The author points out that feminism has such a negative connotation. However, there is no reason for this...what’s so terrible about fighting for equality? The author continues this powerful piece by stating all the reasons she needs feminism in order to survive in the world.
     I agree with the author on all aspects of her article. The fact that there is still a wage gap between genders is disturbing. Rape culture is only growing in our society. Women are mocked for speaking up about issues such as these. Women get degraded for partaking in sexual activities, while men are glorified for it. Instead of teaching men not to assault and rape, women are taught to be fearful of walking outside at night. I myself have experienced some of these injustices, and so have young girls all around the world. The fact that girls are subject to sexism, prejudice, and discrimination from such a young age is absolutely sickening. As the author herself concluded, “I need feminism because it’s the twenty-first century, and I will not quietly listen to people degrade issues that are so relevant in our society.” I stand by her in every way, and thank her for writing such a socially important piece.