I Believe in Rain | Teen Ink

I Believe in Rain

By 00001 SILVER, New York, New York
00001 SILVER, New York, New York

Abbey Spivey's piece, "I Believe in Rain" absorbs the readers into a tranquil mindset by describing her connection between pure joy and simple moments in life. One which is rain, grants her feelings of calmness and bliss that is carried with her throughout the day. Because she hasn’t experienced the sensational fall of rain within two weeks, the sudden precipitation was a feeling of hope. Spivey was able to transform a trivial aspect of the human day into an opportunity for happiness.
As a person steady with time, I would always stare at the rising sun in the morning and drool over the cotton candy like clouds at night. The vibrant and bland colors provided me with an excuse to take a deep breath and remember why I was motivated to get out of bed. I love to watch flocks of birds as they chatter on telephone lines and old people as they sit on benches. Things that seemed so meaningless became the opposite. As Spivey wrote, "The purest, most innocent forms of happiness comes from everyday things we overlook and take for granted.”