The Power of the Teenage Girl | Teen Ink

The Power of the Teenage Girl

By kmartin12 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
kmartin12 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

In “The Power of the Teenage Girl,” by Dana K., it describes how society thinks less of teenage girls than any other age group.  Dana changes the story around and exclaims, “I’ve seen so much good from teenage girls that never gets talked about.” I completely agree with this.  Teenage girls are also known for sharing, giving compliments, and cheering up other people.  Dana suspects we are the ones getting made fun because no matter what we do, we are getting judged for it. Dana mentions, “If she’s really skinny, people think she’s trying too hard, but if she has even an ounce of fat on her, then she’s disgusting and must not care about her body.”  What Dana is getting at is that society is the one defining us: teenage girls.  While society is attempting to bring teenage girls down, they are bringing each other up.

on Nov. 4 2015 at 10:21 am
kmartin12 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
You are welcome!!! :)

on Nov. 4 2015 at 8:37 am
runandgo BRONZE, Havertown, Pennsylvania

sometimes you get run down. sometimes life throws dirt in your eyes and it stings and you can't see for a few minutes. even after you get it out your eyes are all red and your vision is s***ty... but eventually, whether through tears or maybe just time... you start to see even clearer than before. life is not always good. which is why music exists. why i believe God exists. and why there's always a pint of coconut milk ice cream in my freezer.

Wow, thank you so much! I'm very glad you liked my article :)