Feedback on I'm So OCD | Teen Ink

Feedback on I'm So OCD

By Bello123 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Bello123 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

I'm So OCD is a real account of a girl who has real OCD. People think that OCD is just about organizing and being a perfectionist. I used to be one of those people. After reading this article, I finally understood that OCD isn't a joke. It makes you have strong impulses that eventually control your life. OCD is a serious matter and there are two popular ways to react to it: laughing and making a big deal out of it. 

Thus article completely changed my perspective on OCD. I always thought that my sister had OCD just because she was organized and a perfectionist. Now I know that OCD is much worse than that. It is a series of impulses that make you itch. I will no longer react to it by saying "wow, you have legit OCD"? I will say what it said in the article " oh, you have OCD? Tell me how I can help." This quote moved me to realize how sensitive words are when it comes to OCD. This article is amazing and moved me.