Feedback on Neighborhood squirrels | Teen Ink

Feedback on Neighborhood squirrels

By rjld12 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York, New York
rjld12 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York, New York

The poetry section of teen ink is normally filled with angst filled depressing poems about teenagers with all sorts of disorders ranging from self harm to bulimia so an odd, funny, and relatable poem is a rare treat. "Neighborhood Squirrels" by Anaya Gorham is exactly that. I have been searching the many haiku on the teen ink website for a while, but this is the first poem that I have found that so perfectly describes my loathing of the most annoying type of rodent, squirrels. The poem Neighborhood Squirrels is my favorite poem I have read in teenink.
   "Neighborhood Squirrels." is a haiku meaning it is only three lines long, but the author Anaya Gorham needs no more than three lines to express her feelings. The poem is simple. It is about the common struggle of the squirrels in one's neighborhood scurrying around, stealing your food and acting like they own the place. The poem "Neighborhood Squirrels." Is a revolutionary piece about the common struggles of the man v. Squirrel conflict.