"Keep it Clean, High Schoolers" Review | Teen Ink

"Keep it Clean, High Schoolers" Review

By -Chase SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
-Chase SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

I read the article Keep It Clean, High Schoolers.  In the nonfiction article submitted anonymously, the writer talks about the negative affects on alcohol.  Anonymously the writer gives the cliché example of the rebellious teen that spends all night drinking then has to get up and take a test at school.  Hinting failure upon the student, the writer continues to talk of the negatives.  A personal story is written to conclude the nonfiction writing.  The story tells a tale of a basketball team that was suspended due to the lack of ability to play because of marijuana smoking and alcohol drinking.  To be frank, I don’t support the underage consumption of alcohol; I have never drunk nor will ever drink alcohol.  It becomes annoying when it’s the same old song and dance when people talk about drugs and alcohol.  The teen is either a straight ‘A’ student or a sport’s prodigy ready to take on the big leagues.  When a story follows the life of a teen that doesn’t fit in yet doesn’t stand out, many teens would relate to that teen more.  Each teen is his/her own person.  I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I will continue to speak.  As a whole, the article is nicely put together and shows a true emotion towards the subject.