Middle School Crush | Teen Ink

Middle School Crush

February 6, 2015
By sal33 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
sal33 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This selection is about a girl in middle school who hates PDA and everything cheesy but can’t help but get a crush.  She talks about how your heart is shattered if your crush doesn’t like you back, and if he does like you back you and your friends have a squealing fit.  She then says how he will eventually ask another girl he likes more than you on a “date”.  “Abigail” then states how she will end up going to the dance awkwardly by herself or awkwardly go with her awkward awesome friends dressed up as Pokémon.

I can relate to this article because everyone has had a middle school crush, and gotten their heart broken by them.  Also, by the way she tells the story she reminds me a lot of myself.  I can see this happening at Ayersville because just like every other school there’s a middle school, with middle school crushes.  I loved this article especially because of the end when she is talking about the end-of-the-year formal, and how she would just go by herself or go with her awkward (but awesome) friends dressed up as Pokémon.  That made me smile because that’s exactly what me and my friends would do, because of our love of Pokémon.