School Uniforms | Teen Ink

School Uniforms

By Allison White BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Allison White BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the article, School Uniforms by Anonymous I agree that clothing lets students and kids express themselves. Some students are not in any art classes, band, creative writing, or even a class officer to express themselves and their ideas through these ways in school. I feel that clothing is a comfort and security to some kids because if they are wearing their own clothes than can be themselves. Society today stresses the importance of being different. Then it contradicts itself and tries to shove uniforms and the ideal model image we are all supposed to be. I feel that schools should let students be himself or herself and not try to fit us all into a box. Me, as a student, I feel that clothing does not affect my schoolwork or me when I am wearing something that I like. If I was shoved into a uniform I feel that I wouldn’t be able to be myself and concentrate. Uniforms would not get rid of the problems and differences between people. There would still be some no matter what because everyone is different.