Feedback on "Happiness Is Contagious" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Happiness Is Contagious"

January 8, 2015
By laughingcookie SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
laughingcookie SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 3 photos 0 comments

“Happiness Is Contagious” by Georgia Gray is a very moving and beautiful piece. She describes herself as always smiling, hoping to cheer others up. She used excessive exclamation points in many areas, so a boy told her once that they were unnecessary. Later on, she realized that she had lost her own identity by taking away all those exclamation points, because they were a part of her personality. Georgia says, “I had lost the part of me people liked the most.” This well-written story teaches to appreciate everything that makes you unique, despite all the people out in the world who try to bring you down.
This memoir was especially relatable to me because I’m usually very cheerful around others. I try to spread joy to people who are tired, or have something that is bothering them. I’ve had a similar situation, where someone asked how I could always be so happy. Just like her, “I take pleasure in making people happy.” There is no point to be pessimistic and moody all the time, because there are plenty of those out there. This writing has inspired me to keep on smiling, and for everyone to keep smiling, because you may actually help others that really needed a little light in their lives. And who knows, perhaps on a day I’m feeling down, I will feel a bit brighter by seeing someone else’s laughter, because happiness is definitely contagious.