True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

November 6, 2013
By MonicaJanvier PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
MonicaJanvier PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
23 articles 0 photos 1 comment

After coming across Olivia MacDougal’s poem, “True Love, ” it left me with uncontrollable feelings. From the first word of her poem, Olivia immediately shifts the readers’ mood to a soft, light, and mysterious feeling.



This poem is about the feelings of true love and the image of the heartfelt words that are said during a relationship. She explains the feature of ones lover and how they either stay on you, or becomes apart of a memory of yours. The narrator then explains what their love is while using different parts of the body. The style, language, and imagery throughout the poem is what bring it to life.











I liked how Olivia explains the feeling of love ad allows the reader to either bring back love memories, or wish it was them feeling this tremendous connection between another person. I certainly wished that I was feeling this connection, but the descriptions she used allowed me to almost feel the connection as if I’m already in love.
Thank you, Olivia, for this brilliant poem that twisted and played with my emotions. I developed different feelings that I never knew I had in me. Also, thank you for sharing this with other people as well, so they can realize how beautiful the world is.