Just One of Those Days | Teen Ink

Just One of Those Days

January 4, 2008
By Anonymous

The bold print stood out as I read this article. “LIFEGUARD! LIFEGUARD!” I instantly had a connection to the adrenaline and fright that Brigit felt on that day. I am a lifeguard at my town pool, and although it isn’t as difficult as guarding at the shore, there is no experience like it.

From the first day of work I knew this job would be important. Like Brigit, I have spent my share of days playing cards in the guard shack. However, when someone is in trouble, not a split second passes before you jump into action.

It was refreshing to read an article on something I can so closely relate to, and I think this article accurately depicts the job of a lifeguard, it is not about action, it is about reaction. Yes, 90% of the time we sit on a chair, but it is the other 10% that counts, when we save lives.

Similar Articles


This article has 0 comments.