Feedback on "You Are Lucky" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "You Are Lucky"

By Alexa13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Alexa13 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Jess Roberts’ “You Are Lucky” really changed my view on my life, as well as my view on the lives of many others.

This points of view piece talked about how most people take things for granted. Whether it is going on the computer, or even getting an education; people do not appreciate the things they have. Unfortunately, there are many children and adults who do not have the same privileges as many of us do. They cannot be anything they want to be. They do not have the resources to get an education or even sit down and read a book.

Jess Roberts really made me think about how lucky I am to go to school, and even drink a glass of clean, purified water. This article taught me to enjoy the little things in life, and not to complain when one little thing does not go my way.

I think everyone should read this article. Once they do, they might think about how others who do not have as much as them feel. They will see how it is important to be thankful for what they have and truly realize that they are lucky.