It's Not Your Fault | Teen Ink

It's Not Your Fault

By BOB..jr. BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
BOB..jr. BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

Sandra R’s article, “It’s Not Your Fault” made me really think about what men are doing to younger women, but not all women get sexually harassed, men get harassed too. In the original article Sandra states that “in our society, girls bring sexual harassment upon themselves, but are girls really blame?” I think this statement by our society is very unfair and disrespectful.

Girls all over the world wear different kinds of clothes. The Society says older men harass young women because of what they wear. I believe no one had the right to harass anyone just because of what they wear. When reading this article, I felt like people in our society blame girls for getting sexually harassed so the girls never want to tell anyone what has happened to them so it just keeps on happening.

When reading “It’s Not Your Fault”, you really think about what it would feel like to be in Sandra’s position. Not everyone had been through Something as scary as being stalked or sexually harassed so Sandra’s story really helps you learn what you should do if you are ever put through something like being stalked or sexually harassed.