America Ain’t Done Nothing For Me | Teen Ink

America Ain’t Done Nothing For Me MAG

I read “America Ain’t Done Nothing For Me” anddisagree with everything Quiashialyn P. said. She should be proud to live in America, aland where we are free to do and say what we want. If she thinks it is difficult to live here, sheshould live in Iraq for a year and see if her feelings change.

Our politicians are not“war-hungry,” as the poem said. As the strongest country in the world, it is ourresponsibility to help weaker ones. If we feel a country poses a threat, we need to put an end toit. The men and women who enlist are proud to serve our country. My cousin is one of those. He is aproud citizen who is willing to fight because he knows he is giving back to this country that hasgiven him so much. He would be disappointed to know there are people ashamed to livehere.

America may have left her in a “dark place,” but this is a land ofopportunities where there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. If times are tough, they canturn around. When my mother recently visited Turkey on business, she was repeatedly told how luckyshe is to live in America and how thankful they, the Turks, are for all the work America does forthe rest of the world.