A little rant | Teen Ink

A little rant

February 22, 2023
By Anonymous

You may not agree with me when I say this, but I strongly think that each image that you post on TeenInk should be used to make your rank higher. I am currently a bronze, which I am fine with, however, I find it frustrating that I put as much time and effort to draw my pictures as someone would writing an article, or poetry, or anything. If images did count towards your rank, I would be a silver, on my way to gold. There's a certain pride in seeing a stamp next to your name saying Elite, knowing that you are one of the best, and I hope to one day feel that pride, but I want to get there with my art as well as my literature. Yes, I am aware that TeenInk is mostly used for articles, but why be able to post art if you will not be counted for it. Personally, I prefer drawing to writing, however I appreciate both, and I'm sure others feel the same, therefore I think that the effort used to make these pieces be used for our rank as well. You may call me petty for wanting to see a badge next to my name, and perhaps I am, but wouldn't you want to aswell? 


The author's comments:

I'm just trying to spread my opinion.